Tuesday, October 30, 2007

the birds . . .

. . . are tearing up the freshly laid newspaper at the bottom of their cage. The gerbil is looking at me askance, because here I am, available to watch and make sure he doesn't get eaten, and I haven't let him out of his cage. The body shop has temporarily misplaced my car and the tech who was working on it. I am about to miss my window of opportunity to go walking around the lake, because soon I will be in that natural 'downtime' that occurs every day. May also possibly miss class again this afternoon.

But it's all good. Really. Surely. Halloween is tomorrow. I really dislike this holiday. My brother and I were talking about that yesterday. I don't eat candy, I like the idea of dressing up, but not really, and this is the anniversary of a death of a dog I absolutely adored and loved and miss terribly. She was hit by a car. I found her by the roadside, and carried her back to the house. It was a long walk, and she was very heavy. I put her in my brother's old room, in his bed. (Oops. Don't think I ever mentioned that to him. Oh well. He'll live.) Read her all sorts of his old childrens books and just cried. So yeah, Halloween sucks.

Hmm. Been twenty minutes and no word from the shop. My car is being joy-ridden down College Road. Whatever. Hope he enjoys it and remembers to put some gas in it when he brings it back. Which should be shortly once he finds out how shoddy the shocks are. Hah!

No comments: