Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I am . . .

. . . in that restless mood where I want to write something, but I am not sure what. I think this is sort of like jungle fever for writers. I have been journaling for the past hour or so, and all that I have accomplished is to run out of things to say to myself. So here I am. Trying vainly to find some sort of newsworthy or entertaining morsel to tempt the blogger gods.

I have been meaning to talk about grey hair. I have had this post in mind for a while, and so why not espouse on the topic of follicles? To begin, I have decided I like my grey hairs. They are not grey, per se, but more silvery white. This seems reasonable. It is also inevitable, so why not enjoy it? There seems to be this dichotomy of social thought on grey hair. On one hand you have the growing number of women who are shunning chemicals to alter their color. On the other hand, you have my all time favorite commercial: Just for Men.

Now, my grandmother used to use Just for Men in a shade of brown, so clearly, it is mislabeled. But I can forgive them this for the simple fact that I find their current commercial unbelievably entertaining. This is the one with the two sportscasters (former players in some sport that apparently did not set them up well enough with retirement which led to their participation in said commercial) in the bar. Anonymous guy with grey beard approaches snotty woman with blonde hair. The sports guys, in unison: "RE-JECTED!" And then, the ultimate in rhyming reason: "No play for mister grey!"

How can you not love that? Especially since mister grey goes into the bathroom (where there is an apparent abundance of Just for Men hair products) and emerges, newly browned, to approach snotty blonde. This time - yes, this time! - she practically mauls him on the spot. Score!

Yes, I love this commercial. It never fails to please me. I laugh every single time. And I like my own silver follicles that are competing with the dark brown. They add some bling.

And that is all I have people. I teach tomorrow, which means a seven am wake up call.

No comments: