Friday, August 24, 2007

yesterday . . .

. . . I gave in and went to Best Buy and bought a new laptop. I consider it an investment in my writing. (Because, apparently, I am a very high maintenance poet who needs a really big hard drive in order to compose my usual 25 line poem.) Normally I would have been very excited about such a purchase and ripped into that box immediately. Didn't happen. Too much stuff to do. At about 10pm I was ready to set it up. I opened the box, admired the shiny new casing, the smooth design, the lightness; I wondered over the bizarre 12 cell battery which protruded from the bottom to give the laptop 'lift' and then I turned that sucker on.

Yes.

And then I noticed it was the wrong computer. The number on the computer didn't match the box. It figures. So that (lower performance) laptop will be going back today.

Other news: not really any. Class this morning. Best Buy this afternoon. Rain dance later in the day.

No comments: