Wednesday, August 29, 2007

it is officially stupid . . .

. . . driver day. I don't even want to get into the details, I just want to have a chauffeur.

I have been considering expanding the menagerie by one. I think that another rodent would do fabulously in the house, and am jonesing after a hairless rat. They are my favorite, with the soft skin and the delicate features. Alas, I would prefer to rescue (believe it or not but rat rescues do exist mostly from unwanted litters or from health issues or behavior issues) but there are no local rescues. And the pet stores (which I shudder to think of buying from, but it may come to that) don't carry hairless rats. At any rate, I'm on the lookout if anyone comes across one.

I finally have things to be doing; papers to be grading, poems to be writing and reading, and other various projects. This transition into the school year has been rough on Buddha, who wants me there all day. He was rather ornery this morning with me since I left him most of the day yesterday. Mondays are my busy days. There is no way to explain this to him, of course.

Off to teach in fifteen.

No comments: