Wednesday, August 29, 2007

i have to say . . .

. . . that so far the semester is going really well. My students are great, their classes coalescing and morphing into these mini-think tanks of creative writing. My own classes are supremely satisfying, more so than any previous semester. Most of this has to do with me and not necessarily the classes I took previously. I feel more grounded this year, more in control of my surroundings and committed to the writing. And I really just love being in school. The phd is starting to sound really tempting again, although I feel it would back-burner my writing.

Speaking of the writing, I need to get some discipline in terms of making regular hours to sit down and face the computer. I don't have writer's block - I have writer's aversion.

But I am very stoked about teaching.

No comments: