Monday, November 26, 2007

another one bites the dust. . .

. . . trent lott will be ending his political career. Wish I could say I was sorry. But I'm not. I'm giddy with joy and glee.

Not because of that sleazy politician. But because I got no sleep last night. Why am I always in such a decent mood when the insomnia hits? Anyone have any idea about that?

In the car this morning on my way to teach: Butthole Surfers, Pepper. Analyzed the lyrics for potential metaphor lesson. Yes, class, it is true. There is a lot to be learned from BS. But then the kicker song came on - you gotta give props to Southern Culture on the Skids. They are so lyrically superior. Walk Like a Camel. How can I get that in the classroom? There surely is a way. Give me a day or two. I'll figure it out.

Mood: good.

No comments: