Thursday, June 14, 2007

total score . . .








William Carlos Williams: In the American Grain

James Cummins and David Lehman: Jim and Dave Defend the Masked Man


Stephen Dobyns: The Church of Dead Girls


Chris Bohjalian: The Buffalo Soldier

Brigit Pegeen Kelly: The Orchard

Saul Bellow: Ravelstein

E.L. Doctorow: Lives of the Poets


All for under $50. I had to pull myself out of there. But I am super excited about these books. The Prevost one in particular because he is a local Chattanooga author with no connections to the writing workshops at UTC, which makes him a strange and curious anomaly - and he is talented to boot. He did come read at a Meacham, last year maybe? Hmm. Anyway, the other that I am super excited about it the Cummins, Lehman book which comes complete with these amazing illustrations by Archie Rand. I have a feeling this book will be called into play this upcoming semester when tackling poetry in the intro creative writing class. And it just pleases me to no end.

No comments: