Tuesday, May 16, 2006

uh, houston, you've got a problem

Just got a nice letter from the admissions office at Houston letting me know that they've received my application (odd, considering I mailed it in December), and that I should be hearing from the creative writing department as soon as they've made their decisions (even odder, since I've already received an unsigned rejection letter riddled with typos and misspellings sometime in March or thereabouts).

Huh. Well now.

In other news, I spent my first Mother's Day weekend being wished a "Happy Mother's Day!" at every store I went to. A few clerks quickly amended this when my bewildered, unfettered womb began sending panic signals to my face. "If you're a mother!" Oh God. I've reached that age. The age when people assume someone this age should have birthed a kid or two.

Huh. Well then. . .

No comments: