Wednesday, May 24, 2006

a bunch of stuff

Saw my good buddy on a different corner today. He does get around. Same outfit, same message.

I have found a summer job, a perfect temporary position that pays in the realm of above the poverty line. Even at part time I find myself tired at the end of the day. Naturally I choose to blame work and not the fact that I spend all night reading, engrossed in much more interesting things than the function of work.

I ordered Chinese delivery for the first time in about ten years. It is such a lovely feeling. Hope it arrives soon.

I finished the Simic book, and was so pleased with it. What an interesting man. I brought up my semi formed ideas about current generation self confessional poetry to a friend of mine this past weekend. It is an interesting topic to consider. I just received class course offerings for my MFA program, and one of the poetry workshops was focused on first time books. Ah, the choices. It was such a grand moment. Everything is pulling together.

I will be visiting the school this next week. I am giddy with joy at this prospect. I certainly wouldn't want to be around me right now if I weren't me. The joy is sickening.

No comments: