Sunday, August 30, 2009

no matter how. . .

. . . much I fight it, things really do come in balance. Since only the lovely side of this matters in the long run, I am excited to announce that my little story "The Triplets" has been given second place in the open fiction contest by Prick of the Spindle. I love these folks, and they obviously have wonderful taste, so you should stop by and peruse the site. Thank you Spindle folk!

Yesterday we took the dogs to a dog wash event that was collecting funds for rescue. Bean was a terribly good sport, in his element with all those hands on him and treats to be had. He even likes the water. Poor Sam on the other hand was experiencing the same event as a molestation of his person. All I know is that meant one less chore for me, and the smell of wet dog in the car on the way home.

Cooler weather coming this week. I can't wait! Open windows! Fresh air! It's about time.

No comments: