Saturday, July 28, 2007

let the battery run down. . .

. . . well, it is getting closer to the start of another school year. Less than a month. I have a vague idea of how I am going to orchestrate my classes. Other than that, it will just be nice to be back in the classroom. I always look forward to the first day of class, even when I was a kid. There is just something exciting about having a list of knowledge and assignments to wade through in a timely manner. I do well with guidelines. Which is one reason I am thrilled to have a working outline of my book. I never thought I would like to write that way, with a goal in mind, and in poetry, you don't write that way. At least, you are discouraged to. Poems are more acts of discovery towards meaning, and literature seems to be a more guided tour with acts of connections along the way. Structure seems to be something that is helpful to me at this moment, even as I crave change constantly.

No comments: