Tuesday, May 29, 2007

so...

...I am back, Stateside. Spent most of yesterday sleeping, trying to ward off the jet lag and to make up for lack of sleep while abroad. So much amazing and awesome stuff happened on the trip, the best of which simply has to be the sheer amount of material I now have for my writing. Ten poems written while there; many new titles or ideas of poems to write in future; possible plot details for the novel, although that is still sketchy.

I must also allow that most of the material I gathered had more to do with moments of insight or basic embarrassment or whatnot...and the other half of that coin I mostly owe to the dead bodies of animals, which there were aplenty. There is something about seeing a stuffed rhino at eye level, with a thin sheet of glass between you that puts things into perspective. I don't think I have ever felt so diminutive.

No comments: