Friday, July 07, 2006

optional stop lights

Yesterday, to my extreme horror, I witnessed an act of, well, lawlessness. My mother very kindly offered to drive me to the health department so I can get those required shots for UNCW (apparently a disease free campus), and on the way back, as we were in the left turn lane, despite the clear fact that the light was RED, not green, but RED, for some unknown reason my mother decides to execute a turn. I was horrified. After years of ribbing about her safe driving record (is it considered safe when the driver turns the steering wheel every time they turn their head, regardless of the straightness of the road?????), I finally had caught her in a totally unlawful act. Hehehehe. I was giddy with glee.

I must call my brother.

So, if any of you saw this, I apologize thoroughly for the old woman's bad driving. And don't worry, she'll be punished. She's never going to hear the end of it. Excuse me, have you met my lawbreaking, reckless driving mother?

No comments: