Tuesday, September 22, 2009

ahhhhhh. . .

. . . decisions are being made, website design is going on, and today was the first day I haven't done any major writing. A break was definitely needed there. Back onto it tomorrow.

I'm a huge Top Chef fan and yay for the new season in Las Vegas. It is rocking so far. Also watching Hell's Kitchen now, and I must say that Gordon Ramsay should take a note from Tom Colicchio about keeping his cool. I'd be far more afraid of Colicchio's displeasure than the constant bufooning of Ramsay. (Okay, it shows I'm more of a Top Chef fan, but in our house we watch both.)

First day of fall and I was delighted to see the rain, but disappointed with the humidity. Oh well. You can't have it all.

And the best news of all: Gemma is cutting her first tooth! Very exciting. She's being super good about it. Babies are wonderful things.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Can't wait to hear more about this website you're working on.

Also, whenever you talk about your baby, I think--this is a lovely thing. This is a lovely thing that just might be doable. I don't feel terrified when you talk about motherhood. That may not sound like a great compliment, but I mean it as one!

poethussy said...

Thank you! I will say that the first four month are the hardest. No sleep, nothing is constant, everything about your baby is just so new and unpredictable - then you get over that period just when you think you are losing your mind. Nature is brilliant.

You would make a totally wonderful mom if you ever decide to do it. Just don't count on doing anything else productive for a few months, including writing. (Although you may be able to Twitter. . . that's pretty short.)