Tuesday, May 05, 2009

packing has begun . . .

. . . in preparation for the move to the new house. This is very exciting. Mostly exciting in the way of dashing from room to room to deal with the baby's needs and the pets' needs while attempting to toss things in boxes in some sort of coherent fashion whereby aforementioned things do not break.

On another note: I have been reading the word "lighted" an awful lot lately. This word irritates me. As far as I know, the correct use of the word in the context I read it in, is "lit." As in, she lit the cigarette. She lighted the cigarette? Hmmmm. It sounds wrong. It sounds as though somewhere the grammar was lost. Not that I am an expert. But if anyone knows the correct way to use the past tense of light, please enlighten me. (Then would I be enlit?)

Two new links to report on, by fellow MFAers who are super talented and have books either on the shelf, or forthcoming. It is very encouraging to see folks from workshop publishing in the big po-world.

No comments: