Thursday, August 07, 2008

oh, won't john . . .

. . . mccain please just shut up? I am so tired of hearing his exact same speech addressing his "friends" about how he likes to use Ronald Reagan's comparison of congress to a drunken sailor, and how a drunken sailor emailed him (really? really, Mr. McCain?) not liking the comparison. Oh, how it hurts to hear the man speak. He really drives me crazy.

Not to let Obama off the hook either - I'm not so thrilled with his turning around on off-shore drilling. Yes, we little Americans have grown too big for our gas-needing britches, but that doesn't mean we need to do more harm to an already wounded environment. I think of this as a test of how America is going to handle the green movement. Is it just a fad, or are we really going to screw ourselves in the end?

If McCain wins, I am moving to Canada. Seriously. I cannot handle more conservative politics that hold down the social movements of the people.

Ironically, I am reading Wicked right now. Politics galore. Which is ultimately what the Harry Potter books are about as well. (Infinitely more so than religion, I think.) Before I go a-ranting again, I feel I should go change the channel. I think Kathy Griffin is on. Phew.

No comments: