Monday, January 14, 2008

changing . . .

. . . the blog's focus. From now on it is going to center around my failing relationship with my car. The thing is, we've been together for a while now. Going on eight or nine years. And I guess I feel like it just isn't meeting my expectations anymore. Moaning and groaning when I turn it on. (Which is usually a good thing, mind you.) But this new sound is more of a wailing, chuga chuga chuga. The type of sound really old muscle cars make - you know the type. No paint, dents from every angle, the sound of the car arriving ten minutes before the actual visual....

I hate to break up, but these sort of things can happen. When you're on a first name basis with your mechanic, well. . . therapy may no longer work.

Teaching in ten minutes. Komunyakaa. Yes, he rocks. It's okay to say it.

No comments: