Tuesday, April 24, 2007

So here is the thing: I have been contemplating the use of a blog, and this one, and particularly with regards to writing. What use is it if I am not going to use it? And how can I keep things on the topic of poetry? Well, it isn't possible, because poetry and fiction do not exist in a vacuum. And so I think I am going to start ranting and raving, and basically soap boxing my self all over the place. In good form of course. There just is no real way to talk about writing without talking about life, etc., so there you have it.

One thing I will mention immediately in my soap box format, is that in this age of technology and personalization, I cannot believe how limited the selection of formats is that blogger provides. It is positively Stone Age. Glad I got that out.

Other things of various levels of importance: I bought wine at the Harris Teeter last night and I wasn't carded, despite the sign in the wine selection that says something about carding if you look under 30. I read in the paper this morning that Bush was thrilled with Alberto Gonzales' testimony, and that he felt it was clear and reinforced his confidence in Gonzales. All I can say is Bush sure makes it easy for Jon Stewart. Speaking of news people, my new crush (which doesn't really replace my former, Russ Mitchell, but since he is not on all that much anymore....) is Steve Hartman, who has this really sweet older Tobey Macguire sensitivity about him. Very hot. Apparently, at my advanced age that requires I not be carded at the grocery store, Steve Hartman is more suitable than Tobey Macguire.

So, there we are, as of tonight. I am heading to Europe soon on a fantastic trip that I will be blogging about as things take shape. I just got the itinerary today, and I am stoked. But tonight I am too tired. . .

No comments: